The Nokia 5110 is a basic graphic LCD screen for lots of applications. It was originally intended to be used as a cell phone screen. This one is mounted on an easy to solder PCB.
It uses the PCD8544 controller, which is the same used in the Nokia 3310 LCD. The PCD8544 is a low power CMOS LCD controller/driver, designed to drive a graphic display of 48 rows and 84 columns. All necessary functions for the display are provided in a single chip, including on-chip generation of LCD supply and bias voltages, resulting in a minimum of external components and low power consumption. The PCD8544 interfaces to microcontrollers through a serial bus interface.
Features of Nokia5110 LCD module:
- Operating Voltage is 2.7V to 3.3V
- Current consumption is 6mA
- Consists of 84 rows and 84 columns (84×48) monochrome pixels
- Works using SPI interface
- Consists of Philips PCD8544 interface chip for easy interfacing
- Can be easily interfaced with Arduino
- Supports decent graphics of bitmap images
- Available in Green and Blue Backlight