The SSD1306 is a 128×64 dot single chip driver with a controller that’s used for graphic display systems. It’s commonly integrated into OLED display modules like the one seen above for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or other microcontroller usages.
With its embedded colour contrast and brightness control, alongside display RAM, oscillator, it’s a chip that not only consumes minimal power but requires not many external components for functionality!
- Monochrome 7-pin SSD1306 0.96” OLED display.
- 128×64 pixel resolution with 160° viewing angle.
- Supply voltage 3V – 5V (supports both 5V and 3.31v logic devices).
- Uses SSD1306 for interfacing hence can communicate through SPI or IIC.
- Multiple SPI or IIC devices are supported
- Can be easily interfaced with Arduino (Library available).
- Supports decent graphics of bitmap images.
- Available in different colors and sizes as discussed below.