The LM7809 is a voltage regulator that outputs +9 volts.
Like most other regulators in the market, it is a three-pin IC; input pin for accepting incoming DC voltage, ground pin for establishing ground for the regulator, and output pin that supplies the positive 9V volts.
Absolute Maximum Input Voltage35V
Recommended Operating Conditions
- Input Voltage: Minimum 12V, Maximum 25V
- Output Current: 1A
- Operating Virtual Junction Temperature: Minimum 0, Maximum 125°C
- 3-Terminal Regulators
- Output Current up to 1A
- Internal Thermal-Overload Protection
- High Power-Dissipation Capability
- Internal Short-Circuit Current Limiting
- Output Transistor SAFE-Area Compensation