Embedded TCP/UDP stack - allows you to upload data to a web server | RTC supported| Selectable serial port | Speaker and Headphone jac Note: This is new version (version 64M), SMS MMS support:multimedia message and Short Message Service - so that you can send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal) The shield allows you to achieve SMS, MMS, GPRS and Audio via UART by sending AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands). The shield also has the 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC of the SIM900 module(They are all 2V8 logic) present on-board.
- Compatible with Arduino and clones
- Based on SIM900 module from SIMCOM
- Allows you to send SMS, MMS, GPRS and Audio via UART using AT commands.
- It has 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and buit-in ADC of the SIM900 module
- Quad Band: 850; 900; 1800 and 1900 MHZ, so it should work in all countries with GSM (2G) networks
- Control via AT commands
- Supports RTC (real time clock) – it has a holder for a 3V CR1220 battery at the back