The MPU6050 is a Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) which consists of a 3-axis Accelerometer and 3-axis Gyroscope inside it. This helps us to measure acceleration, velocity, orientation, displacement and many other motion related parameter of a system or object. This module also has a (DMP) Digital Motion Processor inside it which is powerful enough to perform complex calculation and thus free up the work for Microcontroller.
The module also has two auxiliary pins which can be used to interface external IIC modules like an magnetometer, however it is optional. Since the IIC address of the module is configurable more than one MPU6050 sensor can be interfaced to a Microcontroller using the AD0 pin. This module also has well documented and revised libraries available hence it’s very easy to use with famous platforms like Arduino. So if you are looking for a sensor to control motion for your RC Car, Drone, Self balancing Robot, Humanoid, Biped or something like that then this sensor is the best choice for you.
- MEMS 3-aixs accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope values combined
- Power Supply: 3-5V
- Communication : I2C protocol
- Built-in 16-bit ADC provides high accuracy
- Built-in DMP provides high computational power
- Can be used to interface with other IIC devices like magnetometer
- Configurable IIC Address
- In-built Temperature sensor