A proximity sensor is a sensor able to detect the presence of nearby objects without any physical contact. A proximity sensor often emits an electromagnetic field or a beam of electromagnetic radiation, and looks for changes in the field or return signal.
Due to their reliability and efficiency, inductive proximity switches are used whenever a metal object has to be detected within just a few millimeters:
- Presence detection of a machine component
- Ultra precise referencing of the zero position of a moving machine component (e.g. in robotics)
- Detection of different positions (e.g. limit switches)
- Counting metal objects (e.g. in component feed or conveyor technology)
- Presence detection of objects in process
- Rotary speed measurement on metal gear wheel
- This is a normally open proximity switch sensor with 10mm detection distance.
- When proximity switch is close to some target object, it will send out control signal.
- It is a component widely used in automatic control industry for detecting, controlling, and non-contact switching.
- High sensitivity, quick response, stable performance.
- Non-contact detection avoids the sensor and the target object from damages.
Detection distance: 10mm±10%
Setting distance: 0-8mm
Delay distance: <10% of detection distance
Detection object: Magnetic metal(The detection distance decreases when it is non-magnetic metal)
Standard detection object: Iron 30*30*1mm
Response frequency: 0.5kHz
Supply voltage: DC12-24V (6-36V) impulse (P-P) below 10%
Withstand voltage: AC1000V 50/60Hz 1min
Current consumption: N.P type: <13mA, D type: <0.8mA, A type: <1.7mA
Control output: N.P type: <300mA, D type: <200mA, A type: <400mA
Loop protection: N.P.D type: reverse connection protection, surge absorption, load short circuit protection, type A: surge absorption
Ambient temperature and humidity: -30~65℃, 35-95%RH
Temperature influence: Temperature range -30~65℃, at 23℃, ±15% detection distance; Temperature range -25~60℃, at 23℃, ±10% 0detection distance
Insulation impedance: >50MΩ
Housing material: Nickel plated brass
Detection surface: ABS