RF540 Transistor Explained / Description:
IRF540 is a power MOSFET designed to drive high current loads. It can handle maximum load of upto 23A and the maximum load voltage is upto 100V DC. It is using trench technology which makes it capable to reach high level of driving capability. It can be used for both switching and amplification purposes. This transistor possesses some of the good features that make it ideal to use as a switch. It is capable to perform high speed switching therefore it can be used in wide variety of application where you want to switch the load with high speed such as UPS.
Other than that it can also be used as an amplifier, the maximum power dissipation of 100W makes it ideal to build a high power audio amplifier and it can also be used in high power audio amplifier stages.
Features / Technical Specifications:
- Package Type: TO-220
- Transistor Type: N Channel
- Max Voltage Applied From Drain to Source: 100V
- Max Gate to Source Voltage Should Be: ±20V
- Max Continues Drain Current is : 23A (Different manufacturers have slightly different ratings of continuous drain current)
- Max Pulsed Drain Current is: 92A (Different manufacturers have slightly different ratings of continuous drain current)
- Max Power Dissipation is: 100W
- Minimum Voltage Required to Conduct: 2V to 4V
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +150 Celsius