IRF9540 MOSFET Explained / Description
IRF9540 is a P channel MOSFET transistor that can be used for switching and amplification purposes. The transistor is capable to drive max load of -19A with the load voltage of -100V and the max load in pulse mode can be upto -76A.
The transistor possesses high switching speed and low drain to source resistance. The high switching speed of the transistor can be useful in applications where the designer requires to switch the system or load in nano seconds so the derived circuit will face no disconnection. On the other hand the low drain to source resistance reduces power loss and makes the transistor power efficient.
It also has low gate driving capability due to which the user can operate it directly from the output of ICs or microcontrollers. It can also drive load of upto 56A in pulse mode.
Moreover IRF9540 can also be used as a separate audio amplifier or it can also be used in high power audio amplifier stages.
Features / Technical Specifications
- Package Type: TO-220, TO-220AB And Other Packages
- Transistor Type: P Channel
- Max Voltage Applied From Drain to Source: -100V
- Max Gate to Source Voltage Should Be: ±20V
- Max Continues Drain Current is : -19A
- Drain to Source Resistance in ON State: 200 Ohms
- Max Pulsed Drain Current is: -76A
- Max Power Dissipation is: 150W
- Max Storage & Operating temperature Should Be: -55 to +175 Centigrade