The LM2596 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 3-A load with excellent line and load regulation.
These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version. Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation, and a fixed-frequency oscillator.
The LM2596 series operates at a switching frequency of 150 kHz, thus allowing smaller-sized filter components than what would be required with lower frequency switching regulators.
• New product available: LMR33630 36-V, 3-A, 400- kHz synchronous converter • 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and adjustable output versions
• Adjustable version output voltage range: 1.2-V to 37-V ±4% maximum over line and load conditions • Available in TO-220 and TO-263 packages
• 3-A output load current • Input voltage range up to 40 V
• Requires only four external components
• Excellent line and load regulation specifications • 150-kHz Fixed-frequency internal oscillator
• TTL shutdown capability
• Low power standby mode, IQ, typically 80 μA
• High efficiency
• Uses readily available standard inductors
• Thermal shutdown and current-limit protection
• Create a custom design using the LM2596 with the WEBENCH Power Designer
• Grid infrastructure
• EPOS • Home theater