LM317 3-Terminal Adjustable Linear Voltage Regulator
The LM317 3-Terminal Adjustable Linear Voltage Regulator used in DC to DC converter applications. The overall function of the LM317 is similar to that of the LM78xx series regulators. Whereas the 78xx series of regulators have fixed output voltages (ex. 7805 has 5V output), the LM317 can be adjusted to any voltage (within its limits).
Features of LM317 3-Terminal Adjustable Linear Voltage Regulator
- Output-Current In Excess of 1.5 A.
- Output-Adjustable Between 1.2 V and 37 V.
- Internal Thermal Overload Protection.
- Internal Short-Circuit Current Limiting.
- Output-Transistor Safe Operating Area Compensation .