LM339 is a quad differential comparator IC in which four independent voltage comparators reside inside a single 14- lead package. As it is a comparator IC, therefore it compares the two input values and generates the output depending on the comparison. All the comparators behave independently and hence they can perform different tasks at the same time. LM339 IC is compatible with all logic forms TTL, MOS, and CMOS.
LM339 is a voltage comparator IC from LMx39x series and is manufactured by many industries. The devices consist of four independent voltage comparators that are designed to operate from a single power supply. Also operation from dual supplies is possible, as long as the difference between the two supplies is 2 V to 36 V.
Features and Electrical Characteristics of LM339
- Four individually operated voltage comparators
- Low noise interference among comparators
- Single Supply Operation: +3.0 V to +36 V
- Dual Supply Operation: +18V and -18V
- Low Input Bias Current: 25 nA
- Low Input Offset Current: ±5.0 nA
- Low Input Offset Voltage
- Input Common Mode Voltage Range to GND
- Low Output Saturation Voltage: 130 mV @ 4.0 mA
- TTL and CMOS compatible
- ESD Clamps on the inputs increase reliability without affecting device operation
- Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and RoHS compliant