This sound sensor module provides an easy way to detect sound. It is generally used for detecting sound intensity. This module is based on an electric microphone and LM393 comparator IC that detects whether the sound has exceeded a threshold value. The sound level setpoint is set through an onboard potentiometer. When sound exceeds the setpoint, an LED on the board is illustrated and the output is sent low.
It detects the sound via microphone and feeds into an LM393 comparator IC. This device is very simple to use and quite convenient to interface with Arduino, which makes it perfect to use in your projects.
- Led indicator
- Onboard potentiometer to set the setpoint
- Mounting holes for easy positioning
- Simple to use
- Easy to interface with Arduino
- Single channel single output
- Digital output
- Operating voltage: 3.3V to 5V
- Operating current: 5mA to 5mA
- Output type: digital
- Comparator IC: Lm393