These octal bus transceivers are designed for asynchronous two-way communication between data buses. The control-function implementation minimizes external timing requirements.
The devices allow data transmission from the A bus to the B bus or from the B bus to the A bus, depending on the logic level at the direction-control (DIR) input. The output-enable (OE) input can be used to disable the device so that the buses are effectively isolated.
Features for the SN74HC245
- Wide Operating Voltage Range of 2 V to 6 V
- High-Current 3-State Outputs Drive Bus Lines Directly or Up to 15 LSTTL Loads
- Low Power Consumption, 80-μA Max ICC
- Typical tpd = 12 ns
- ±6-mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current of 1 μA Max
- On Products Compliant to MIL-PRF-38535, All Parameters Are Tested Unless Otherwise Noted. On All Other Products, Production Processing Does Not Necessarily Include Testing of All Parameters.